Skip to content

Timeline – Tarbock

  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Tarbock
  4. /
  5. Timeline – Tarbock

 

Picture

֍ 1086 - Domesday Survey - Tarbock cited as 'Torboc'

1086
Picture

֍ Parish granted to Henry II

1150
Picture

֍ Richard de Torbock granted the manor

1207
Picture

֍ Manor sold to Thomas Sutton

1611
Picture

֍ Manor sold for £10,500 to Sir Richard Molyneux of Sefton Hall

1614
Picture

֍ Death of William Webster, who bequests money for the poor of the parish which becomes known as Webster's Dole

1684
Picture

֍ Turnpike Trust between Liverpool and Warrington via Tarbock

1726
Picture

֍ Earl of Sefton conducts a survey into his estates

1769
Picture

֍ Sale of property belonging to William Philip Molyneux, 2nd Earl of Sefton, including Tarbock Hall and manor

1798
Picture

֍ Hoard of 3rd Century [Roman] coins found on a local farm
֍ 'Farmers Rest Lodge' established, holding regular meetings at the Brick Wall Inn

1838
Picture

֍ Tarbock Chapel demolished due to the building of a Chapel of Ease at Halewood

1839
Picture

֍ Tarbock Tithe Map and Apportionment Schedule completed

1847
Picture

֍ Tenants provide an illuminated address to the Earl of Sefton to celebrate his forthcoming marriage

1866
Picture

֍ Cocoa Room opens on Cronton Road, near the junction with Whitefield Lane

1879
Picture

֍ Post Office and smithy rebuilt on Greensbridge Lane

1884
Picture

֍ Tarbock becomes part of the newly formed Prescot Rural District Council, renamed the Whiston Rural District Council the following year

1894
Picture

֍ Former Cocoa Room building, Cronton Road, taken over by Liverpool City Mission

1906
Picture

֍ First coal raised from Hulton Colliery (later renamed Cronton Colliery)

1915
Picture

֍ Sale of Tarbock Estate by public auction at the Hare and Hounds Hotel

1926
Picture

֍ Wooden church hall built at Tarbock Green

1931
Picture

֍ New Brick Wall Inn completed, built behind the original which was demolished shortly after

1940
Picture

֍ Local government re-organisation - Tarbock becomes part of the new Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley

1974
Picture

֍ Appraisal of both Tarbock Village and Tarbock Green Conservation Areas completed

2005
Picture

֍ Tarbock Island completed linking M62 (at Junction 6), M57 (at Junction 1), A5080, A5300 and Windy Arbor Road

2008
Picture

֍ Tarbock Parish Council abolished

2014
Picture

֍ New slip road opened on A5300 Knowsley Expressway as it meets A562 to ease traffic congestion, January 2015

2015
Picture

֍ Plans approved for a major development off Cronton Road including a new Aldi supermarket

2018
Picture

֍ Highways work begins on the new development off Cronton Road and Coppice Lane

2019
Picture

֍ New Aldi supermarket opens on Coppice Lane - 10th September 2020
֍ New traffic lights at the intersection of Cronton Road, Wilson Road and Coppice Lane come into operation, easing what was once a congested junction
֍ The whole year 2020 was dominated by Coronavirus (COVID-19). Working from home or being on furlough became the new normal, together with social distancing measures and the wearing of face coverings

2020
Picture

֍ Public urged throughout the year to become vaccinated against the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19)

2021
Skip to content